In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”) and Health Canada, we are voluntarily recalling the LUS Dryer & Diffuser because the hair dryer does not have an immersion protection device (such as an ALCI plug), posing a risk of shock or electrocution if the hair dryer falls into water when plugged in.
⚠WARNING: To prevent risk of shock or electrocution, UNPLUG the hair dryer before proceeding!
1. To disable the hair dryer, unplug the electrical cord first, then cut the cord close to the actual dryer.
2. Take a photo of the hair dryer and the cut cord. The photo must show the cut cord and either the “LOVE ur CURLS” or LUS Brands logo on the dryer (as shown below).
3. Email the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hair Dryer”:
● Photograph of the hair dryer and cut cord;
● Full name under which the order was placed;
● Order number;
● Whether you prefer to receive a full refund on the amount you originally paid OR store credit in the amount of $175 USD.
Please wait for an email confirmation from us before proceeding to the next step. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response, we are doing our best to get back to everyone as quickly as possible.
4. Following email confirmation of receipt by us, please dispose of the hair dryer (in the trash or recycling in accordance with local disposal requirements).
5. We will process your refund or issue your store credit within 5-10 business days from confirmation of disposal.
Customers who purchased a LUS Dryer & Diffuser will receive their choice of either a full refund on the original amount paid (plus applicable taxes paid) or a store credit for $175 USD if they participate in the recall.
Unfortunately not, as we do not have any replacement hair dryers available at this time. Customers who purchased a LUS Dryer & Diffuser will receive a full refund or store credit upon providing picture proof of the disabled hair dryer. Please refer to full recall instructions HERE.
We MUST receive proof in the form of a photo that your dryer has been permanently disabled by cutting the power cord as described above in order to process your refund or credit. Disabling the hair dryer by cutting the power cord allows us to confirm that the recalled hair dryer can no longer be used. Please await email confirmation from us BEFORE disposing of your dryer.
In order to receive a refund or store credit, you must email us a photo of your hair dryer with the power cord cut following the instructions above. Disabling the hair dryer by cutting the power cord allows us to confirm that the recalled hair dryer can no longer be used.