Why is the LUS hair dryer being recalled?
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”) and Health Canada, we are voluntarily recalling the LUS Dryer & Diffuser because the hair dryer does not have an immersion protection device (such as an ALCI plug), posing a risk of shock or electrocution if the hair dryer falls into water when plugged in.
Which products are being recalled?
The LUS Dryer & Diffuser, sold exclusively on our website https://lusbrands.com/ from November 2019 through February 2020, is being recalled.
How do I know if my hair dryer is affected by the recall?
The recalled hair dryers were only sold in white, and include the following markings:
- ● Model number HD-LUS01 under the back end of the hair dryer;
- ● Logos “LUS Brands” and “LOVE ur CURLS” on either side of the back end of the dryer.
How do I participate/register for the recall?
⚠WARNING: To prevent risk of shock or electrocution, UNPLUG the hair dryer before proceeding!
- 1. To disable the hair dryer, unplug the electrical cord first, then cut the cord close to the actual dryer.
- 2. Take a photo of the hair dryer and the cut cord. The photo must show the cut cord and either the “LOVE ur CURLS” or LUS Brands logo on the dryer (as shown below).
- 3. Email the information below to email@example.com with the subject line “Hair Dryer”:
- ● Photograph of the hair dryer and cut cord;
- ● Full name under which the order was placed;
- ● Order number;
- ● Whether you prefer to receive a full refund on the amount you originally paid OR store credit in the amount of $175 USD.
Please wait for an email confirmation from us before proceeding to the next step. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response, we are doing our best to get back to everyone as quickly as possible.
- 4. Following email confirmation of receipt by us, please dispose of the hair dryer (in the trash or recycling in accordance with local disposal requirements).
- 5. We will process your refund or issue your store credit within 5-10 business days from confirmation of disposal.
What kind of compensation is LUS providing?
Customers who purchased a LUS Dryer & Diffuser will receive their choice of either a full refund on the original amount paid (plus applicable taxes paid) or a store credit for $175 USD if they participate in the recall.
Can I get a replacement hair dryer?
Unfortunately not, as we do not have any replacement hair dryers available at this time. Customers who purchased a LUS Dryer & Diffuser will receive a full refund or store credit upon providing picture proof of the disabled hair dryer. Please refer to full recall instructions HERE.
Are you making a new hair dryer? When can I expect the new hair dryer?
At this time, we do not have plans to offer a new hair dryer. Please stay subscribed to our emails for official updates on new product releases.
What happens if I don’t upload a photograph of my hair dryer?
We MUST receive proof in the form of a photo that your dryer has been permanently disabled by cutting the power cord as described above in order to process your refund or credit. Disabling the hair dryer by cutting the power cord allows us to confirm that the recalled hair dryer can no longer be used. Please await email confirmation from us BEFORE disposing of your dryer.
What if I own more than one of these hair dryers?
Customers who purchased more than one LUS hair dryer are eligible for a refund or store credit for each hair dryer. Please follow the recall instructions for each of the hair dryers you purchased.
My hair dryer appears to be running fine. Can I continue to use it?
No, please stop using your dryer immediately and participate in the recall so we can provide you with a full refund or $175 USD store credit.
Is there a time limit on this recall?
No, but PLEASE STOP USE IMMEDIATELY and follow the recall instructions above to participate in the recall and receive a full refund on the original amount paid or $175 USD in store credit.
Why do I need to disable my hair dryer?
In order to receive a refund or store credit, you must email us a photo of your hair dryer with the power cord cut following the instructions above. Disabling the hair dryer by cutting the power cord allows us to confirm that the recalled hair dryer can no longer be used.
How long will it take to receive my refund or store credit?
Once we send you an email confirming that we received your photo of the disabled hair dryer, we will issue your refund or store credit within 5-10 business days.
Can I still use the diffuser head?
Yes, you may still safely use the diffuser head attachment.