Therefore, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, we are voluntarily recalling the LUS Hair Dryer as we have recently learned that the dryers do not have an immersion protection device, which poses a risk of shock or electrocution if the hair dryer falls into the water while plugged in. We are providing affected customers with their choice of either a full refund on the original amount (plus applicable taxes paid) or a store credit for $175 USD. Please follow the steps below to participate in this recall.
The hair dryer was sold with a diffuser attachment (‘LUS Dryer & Diffuser’) exclusively on our website https://lusbrands.com between November 2019 and February 2020. The recalled hair dryer has the model number HD-LUS01 under the back end of the dryer and the logos “LUS Brands” and “Love Ur Curls” on either side of the dryer.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with this recall. We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience this may cause you, and appreciate your ongoing loyalty and support.
Please Follow These Steps
WARNING: To prevent risk of shock or electrocution, UNPLUG the hair dryer before proceeding!
1. To disable the hair dryer, unplug the electrical cord first, then cut the cord close to the actual dryer.
2. Take a photo of the hair dryer and the cut cord. The photo must show the cut cord and either the “LOVE ur CURLS” or LUS Brands logo on the dryer (as shown below).
3. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hair Dryer” and include the following:
- Photograph of the hair dryer showing the cut cord;
- Full name that the order was placed under;
- Order number (can be found in your Confirmation Email);
- Whether you prefer to receive a full refund on the amount you originally paid OR store credit in the amount of $175 USD.
4. Following email confirmation of receipt by us, please dispose of the hair dryer (in the trash or recycling in accordance with local disposal requirements).
5. We will process your refund or issue your store credit within 5 business days from confirmation of disposal.