Retention Marketing Manager
Posted on January 18, 2021
LUS Brands is looking for an analytical and creative Customer Retention Manager to work within our growth marketing team to drive customer retention strategy. The ideal candidate has experience in a data-first DTC eCommerce company, executing, optimizing, and managing customer retention, repeat customer revenue growth, returning customer AOV and, ultimately, customer LTV. We are looking for a thoughtful strategist and executer who thrives on building a loyal and engaged customer base. A curious disposition, extensive knowledge in cohorts and segmentation as well as a proven ability to manage and develop a growing team will be critical to the role.
- Understand and report on customer behavior, sales data and customer feedback to create strategies that drive repeat purchases, new product adoption, increased AOV, LTV, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and drive a more sophisticated approach to our email marketing, SMS, tactile, loyalty, and referral programs, ensuring each is optimized for maximum effectiveness and customer delight.
- Build upon and maintain segmentation that supports each customer's unique brand journey.
- Build and execute a testing roadmap while regularly sharing clear performance/test results and key learnings to improve growth and retention.
- Utilize customer insights to work across product, tech, and growth teams to ensure a best-in-class digital user journey.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within a D2C eCommerce environment. Deep expertise in email marketing as well as loyalty and referral programs is a necessity. Klayvio platform, tactile marketing, and SMS experience is a plus.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods and/or the beauty vertical is a plus.
- Proven ability to grow and nurture a team.
- Comfortable with Google Data Studio, Google Optimize, Excel, Hotjar, Supermetrics and/or other data tools; experience with Shopify+ is a plus.
- Experience in crafting, executing and analyzing structured AB tests and calendars
- Demonstrated ability building on-brand email, SMS, and tactile flows that convert.
- Ability to manage projects and cross-functional teams using project management tools like Monday.com
- Complete mastery of the english language; copywriting experience is a plus.
- Knack for being resourceful and thinking outside of the box.
Since splashing onto the curl scene in 2017 with our innovative Love Ur Curls 3-Step System, LUS Brands has shipped over 2.5 million bottles worldwide and earned thousands of 5-star reviews from customers. Our mission is as simple as the products we create: to encourage people to genuinely love and accept themselves so that their unique beauty can shine through. Backed by notable VCs such as Y-Combinator, Sound Ventures, and Comcast, in 2020, we were recognized as one of the fastest growing startups in Canada by Canadian Business and have been featured in Elle Canada, TechCrunch, Cosmopolitan, and more.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Embrace Inner Beauty
Whether we’re talking about a person or a product, we know that true beauty radiates from within. That’s why we try to use gentle, effective ingredients and spent countless hours of R&D perfecting our formulas. It’s important to us that our customers and our products feel just as good as they look.
Be Refreshingly Real
We are a 'non-beauty' beauty brand! We create products designed to disrupt the stigmas and agendas that profit from women masking their natural features instead of enhancing them. We believe there’s courage in honesty and we’re committed to being 100% transparent in everything we do.
Keep Things Simple
We believe in quality over quantity. That’s why our core product line is built around a simple 3-step system: 1. wash, 2. condition, 3. all-in-one styler. We believe that if products actually work, you shouldn’t need countless hours and a drawer full of expensive beauty products to look your best!