We Are Hiring a Lead Engineer!
We are a Canadian “non-beauty” beauty brand start-up based in Toronto, Ontario. We’re a fast-moving consumer goods company selling curly hair products online, direct to consumers. We completed the Y-Combinator program in March 2018 and are growing rapidly.
We have a small, hyper-dedicated team in Toronto and some global consultants relentlessly focused on running the business. We live for our customers and know that we’re nothing without them. We’re also obsessed (in the good way) about curly hair and brining simple solutions for amazing curls to as many people as possible.
LUS may be for you if...
You’re a keen full-stack developer with an eye for design and a passion for ecommerce UI/UX. Much more than a coding job, this is an opportunity to play a key role in delivering smart, beautiful experiences for our customers – mobile and online. You’re responsible for writing and maintaining code for the ecommerce site as well as testing and optimizing the site in support of attaining the company goals. This role presents a tremendous amount of growth potential for someone committed to building. We’re looking for a dedicated, methodical, and versatile developer; if you’re a curly girl and know the struggle our customers experience that’s a plus for us. If you’re ready to go ALL-IN for the right opportunity read on. We're looking for entrepreneurial types who understand the HUSTLE it takes to build a successful start-up and are ready to give this 100%.
As the lead engineer you will:
- help shape and guide our core systems, tech, and software as the business matures.
- be a critical part of a lean cross-functional team, working closely with the marketing and operational teams.
- write code, as much as you need to build/improve features that solve problems.
- respond to escalated customer service issues, helping find out what went wrong, how to fix, and how we can do better next time.
- write well-tested code and take ownership for the features you promote to production.
- perform ongoing maintenance, site updates and support project requests quickly and efficiently
- identify and make recommendations on new technologies
- manage relationships with outside development agencies and freelancers when applicable
- troubleshoot any website issues or errors
- help to establish the processes and culture around tech management for a fast-moving consumer goods ecommerce company
- lead and manage the tech team that you will be responsible for hiring
Knowledge and Skills
You’re an energetic full-stack developer with ecommerce experience who loves building great mobile-first experiences. You are someone who:
- has a BSCS, BASc or similar
- has Shopify software development experience or Ruby Rails Framework experience – essential
- has a high level of experience using all areas of Shopify admin
- is detail oriented, highly reliable and efficient
- has experience designing and developing responsive, mobile-first websites
- is a creative problem solver with a proven ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- is hard-working, dedicated and focused on achieving results
- has the ability to work well independently and under pressure, to deliver to tight timelines as well as be highly responsive to partners
- is an enthusiastic team player always willing to assist others and support the team
- is a professional communicator with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- loves to keep current on trends and best practices in front-end dev and ecommerce UX
- is aesthetically driven and passionate about elegant code and efficient dev processes
- likes to develop and maintain dev environments, processes and libraries
- is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines
- has excellent communication and organization skills
- has experience managing and leading technical teams
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic leader with killer execution capabilities looking to help grow the business. You want to be part of a high-growth company and are able to take on many technical roles in the early stages. If you’re a curly girl and know the plight of our customers that’s a definite plus.
Please Note: Our operations are currently based in Toronto, Canada. The ideal candidate should be either based in Toronto, or ready to relocate.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Sahar & Team LUS